Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Fiver - Episode VI: Citizens On Patrol

I think I'm the only person in the world who's "meh" on that new Harry Potter movie. It's not that I'm trying to be overtly cynical or a contrarian, but I just don't see what the big hub-bub is all about; little kid wizard, a bunch of mumbo-jumbo, a baddy that looks like a lizard, magic wands, everyone getting all English-y up in there, yadda, yadda, yadda... 

I guess I'm just not under Harry Potter's *ahem!* spell.

Sorry. 


1. Washed Out "Amor Fati"
From the album Within And Without (2011, Sub Pop Records)
Honestly, I feel like a perv looking at the cover of Washed Out's new album. Hot young stick figures getting it on, writhing around all sweaty and stuff... Yep. A total perv.

 2. Ty Segall "You Make the Sun Fry"
From the album Goodbye Bread (2011, Drag City)
Speaking of pervy sex stuff, this song by Ty Segall sounds like one of those bed burners about lovers whose wild passion ignites a lip-locked body heat between 'em 24-7. You know, two people so enslaved by their lust for one another, that clothing is a mere formality. I mean, you're getting that from this song too, right? Right?!?

3. Woods "Any Other Day"
From the album Sun And Shade (2011, Woodist)
"I won't believe that it can't get worse..." Oh, given the climate of politics in this country, I wouldn't bet on it.

4. Youth Lagoon "Cannons"
From the single July/Cannons (2011, self released)
Last Fiver, I presented you with the A-side of Youth Lagoon's latest single. Because I'm lazy and feckless, here's the B-side.

5. Caitlin Rose "Shanghai Cigarettes"
From the album Own Side Now (2011, Theory 8 Records)
Tough gurls are pretty damn hot'cha. Listen to the way Caitlin Rose belts this nifty lil' ditty out like she's doing so between shots of whiskey, puffs from a hand-rolled cigarette and replacing the carburetor on her '64 Ford Falcon. See what I mean?

No comments:

Post a Comment